The Mary Ray Memorial School "story". . .
Founded in 1908 as a one room school house. When the school opened, it had around 30 students. In 1909, there was around 70 students, and a wing was added. In 1910, they had over 100 students, and they added the second wing! In 1948, the school was closed, and in the early 1950's, the school was given to the community for a community club. The building fell into disrepair in the mid 1980's.
In 2007, new trustees were appointed, and met outside the building in the "kudzu", and decided to save the building! Work began in October, 2007 with volunteer workers, and continued on until June, 2011.
The School House was officially completed in June of 2011!